Hi Mom and Dad,
How are you guys? I hope that you're recovering well Dad, thats a bit
scary that you had to do the emergency surgery and everything, but I'm
glad that it all went well. Mom, hows life in Utah with all the kids?
I hope you're both doing well. Things here are awesome, you guys got
that letter from Seth? He was actually one of the very first Arabic
Elders here, actually now that I thing about it, in the world, but
he's been back at BYU for a while, and now TA's for the Arabic class
their, so he's super good at Arabic now, we Skype him into one of our
lessons that we taught over skype, so it was a three way skype, but it
was an awesome lesson. I'll name the guys we taught محمد (Mohammed),
because there's some complications, and it would be super dangerous
for certain people to know where he is, but he's so cool, he was
reading in the Book of Mormon, and new, and old testament every before
we started teaching him, he's so cool. But ya, I'll probably go into
the weekly now,
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well, San Diego's great! It's a
bright, 71 degrees, the palm trees swaying gently in the breeze (not
exaggerating a thing), its the best! This weeks gone by quickly, but
its more acceptable of a speed, the last couple weeks before seemed
like a day, but this one seemed like a good four, so thats good. This
week was pretty fun, we taught some people, we're still teaching
Sumaya, she's so cool, this week was actually the first time that we
were able to get everyone in the house for one lesson. We've taught
all of them at different times, but never all at once, but this week
we we teaching Sumaya, and then one by one they all trickled in, until
we were teaching Sumaya, her five kids, and two grandkids. So that was
fun, we've taught a few other people, we'll see if they turn into
much. We do a ton of Skype lessens, primarily with Sweden, because
there are so many refugees there, who don't really speak much English
or Swedish, so we help them a lot, there are actually a lot people
there who've been prepared, and are ready for the Gospel, we usually
skype 1-2 lessons a day, though there was one day, when we Skype four
different lessons. So, on Thursday, the scouts had a fundraiser for
their weeklong, and they do it a bit differently here, they hold a
dinner, and then a dessert auction, it was so much fun, the dinner was
good, your average church gathering dinner, it was good, but the
auction got intense. There were multiple bidding wars, that got
ridiculously high, and people just wanted to donate, and were doing it
for fun too, it was hilarious, but those scouts made bank. Today was
transfers, but my companionship stayed the same, so not much change,
which I'm totally happy with, my companions great, and I love being in
Arabic work. Ok, that's about it, have a good week everyone,
Elder Rosenbalm
Ok, so ya, that's about it, I hope you're both doing well, is there
anything that I can do to help you guys? Let me know if there is.
How's Renett doing? Are you still working with him dad? Have you ever
thought about inviting him to church? Anyway, have a good week!
Elder Rosenbalm
No comments:
Post a Comment