Hello mom and dad, how are you guys? This week was pretty fun, it's
been flying by though. Like, it seems ridiculous that it's already
been a week, time is just flying, its so much fun though, I love being
on a mission! Mom, as far as medication goes, I have an infusion this
Saturday, its become pretty routine now, we didn't do benedril, but
some other medicine that worked just as well, but doesn't have the
drowsiness, and that worked really well, I'll see if I can do it again
this time, but I don't remember what it's called, lol. Whatever
happens will be fine though. I'm feeling great, like super healthy,
and since I'm healthy, I can see more of what affects me, in just the
little ways. Like for example, mini wheats, their not the best for me,
like, not too bad, and it goes away after like a day, but just a
little. Anyway, that's that, I'll try to add more, but not that much
honestly happens during the week too much, but I'll try.
Hello Everyone!
How are you all? Hope you're doing well, this week was pretty great
for us, being on a mission is so great, I love being out here so much!
The Spirit is just so strong, and there are so many Spiritual
experiences, so often, it's amazing! But anyway, Arabics actually
going pretty good, I can understand and follow along in lessons pretty
well, (Except when we bring one of our members, who likes going into
super deep doctrine, for a very long time, he's so cool, its awesome,
but I understand nothing when he gets into it), but for most lesson, I
get what's going on, and am starting to contribute based on things I
want to say, and make up there, as apposed to preparing for points
beforehand and teaching those. The progress is slow, but I can't
defiantly see it progressing, and it's really nice because, here in El
Cajon, most of the people are native speakers. So while we don't have
the advantages of having a Church in Arabic (or any church related
language learning materials or anything like that), we do have a lot
of native speakers we can talk to, so thats super nice. We're still
teaching Sumaya, she's defiantly our most solid Investigator right
now, she doesn't speak English, at all, but she's so awesome. She went
to Church on Sunday, and was going to leave after second hour, because
We translate Sacrament, and have a whole Gospel Principles class just
for Arabic Speakers, but nothing for relief society (and when we have
one of our Arabic speaking sisters in the ward there, they can
translate, but they weren't there today), so she was going to leave,
but her kids (well her daughter, and grandson), love primary, so they
asked if they could stay, and of course she said yes, so that was
awesome! Kids are the best. We're teaching a man named Pablo, and he's
not Arabic, or Mexican. Totally white. For a few reasons, we're
teaching him instead of the sisters in our ward, so thats fun. It's
really nice being able to speak with an investigator, he's really cool
though, really looking for something in his life, and of course we all
know what that is! We're still in the beginning steps, but he has some
really good potential. We've taught a few other people, who could be
added, but we'll see. So yesterday and today, we had something called
MTE's (Missionary Training Meetings), where basically, several zones
get together, we get training from the Assistants, President, his
wife, and maybe some Zone Leaders, and then we go on multi-zone
exchanges, and then come back the next day, have some more training
and then leave. It's really fun, this is my second one, last time I
left, and went to a different zone this time, I stayed, and and Elder
from a different Zone joined me here, he's actually one of the four
Arabic Elders, we have four, but only two are in Arabic work at a
time, but anyway, he came here with me, so that was fun. That's about
it, have a good week, love you all!
Elder Rosenbalm
Ok, so thats that. Umm, dad, you said you changed coworkers a few
weeks ago? Are you still working with Rene? Also, you guys were in
Philipeans right? And then Europe? And now Rome? Or was the Rome trip
the Europe trip you talked about a little while ago. Anyway, sounds
fun! Also, mom, one of your parents was Orthodox, the other Catholic
right? Which one was which? And lastly, the books, you sent me Alif
Baa, and that was very useful, but I finished that a while ago, the
one I'm working on now, is called Al Kitab, but there's one here for
all the Arabic Elders, so I don't need it anytime soon. I wont need it
until I get transferred out of Arabic work, that probably wont happen
for a few months atleast. So don't worry about getting it soon. Also,
its a college text book, so it'll be pretty expensive, but you can
probably buy it used, which would be much better priced. But like I
said, no rush at all, whenever is convenient for you. So thats about
all, love you both!
Elder Rosenbalm
No comments:
Post a Comment