Monday, March 27, 2017

December 6, 2016

So, guess what? It was really weird, both your emails got deleted, it
don't even know what happened, but they got deleted along with some
other ones, so that's not fun, would you mind sending them again (you
could just go into your sent messages and hit forward, and then put me
in again). Thanks, so since I don't know what you guys asked, I guess
I'll just get straight into the group email

Hello everyone, hope that you've all had a great week, ours here has
been awesome. We've continued to tach Ibtihal and her family, they
came to church again, which was great, and both the kids have wanted
to come to the YM/YM activities, tonight is caroling and stuff, so
hopefully they'll both get to go to that. We've also been teaching an
investigator named Dan, along with his family. They're from Sudan,
which is fun, it makes it a bit difficult to communicate, (well for my
companion to communicate) with them, because they speak a different
dialect of Arabic. Similar to Egyptian, but not quite the same, and my
companion mainly speaks Iraqi, because everyone here speaks the Iraqi
dialect (although more and more Syrians are coming which is changing
the demographic a bit, a lot of the Iraqi's (at least a lot of the
more established Iraqi's the ones that have been here a while) are
actually Christian, there is a high population of Christian Iraqi's
that come here (although that's started to change too, more and more
Iraqi Muslims are coming), but almost all of the Syrians coming are
Muslim, and it's actually causing a lot of tension between them, some
conflict and stuff). Anyway, the dialect is different, but there is a
man in our ward, actually he's our ward Mission leader, Brother
Garvin, he's white, but he went to BYU, and did the Arabic program
there, and he speaks the Egyptian dialect a bit, so together it works
out pretty well. Anyway, we were over there teaching him, and his
Syrian Muslim friend was along too, so we taught both of them, and
gave his friend a Book of Mormon in Arabic and stuff, it was really
cool. My Arabic is coming along nicely, it's super annoying that I'm
not fluent yet, seeing as how I've been out a whole eight weeks (ish),
but I'm progressing, and the Lord is helping me, but I have seen a lot
of growth. I'm a lot better at understand, formulating things is still
hard, especially with my very limited vocabulary, but it's coming.
Anyway, hope you all have a great week,
Elder Rosenbalm

Ok, so thats that. So, called in last minute to teach the youth in
Church, and then yesterday we were teaching a kind of Less Active
member (it's complicated), but anyway, it was so much fun, because I
got to teach (on Sunday I was alone, which was awesome. I really had
forgotten how much I love to teach. It is seriously one of the most
rewarding things I can do, and really about anything, but the Gospel
even better. Its been kind of hard honestly not being able to really
teach, like, yes, I can but in, and within the next couple weeks, I'll
be able probably to teach a lesson, but not like I can in English. I
kind of miss being able to just speak, and it's easy. But it's good,
because I would much rather be speaking Arabic than English, I love
it, and I will hopefully be able to get there by the time I leave,
thats my goal, to be able to Speak Arabic, without having to even
think about it. It'll be hard, but I want that, keep that in your
prayers. Anyway, Love you Both
Elder Rosenbalm

No comments:

Post a Comment