Sunday, May 21, 2017

May 9, 2017

Hi mom and dad, how are you both? Things are good here, so first of all, in the checkup last week the doctor wanted to do a sigmoidoscopy I think it's called, just because he said that in recent years they've transitioned, from treating the symptoms to the actual disease, and sometimes the symptoms are gone, but the disease is still going on, its rare, but he wanted to make sure, so that's scheduled for this Monday, they said that it might cost a bit extra then the bills, is that ok? If not no worries at all, I can totally just not do it, I don't care, it's just something he wants, I think that it's basically a less abrasive colonoscopy, that only checks the lower colon. But I cant like google it so I don't really know, but ya,, the preps a lot better, you should actually be getting a paper in the mail with the instructions if you wouldn't mind sending me a picture of that, that'd be great, I have the steps written down, but just to make sure. But ya, thats that, we're baptizing someone this Saturday,  pretty exciting. 

Hey Everyone! How are you all doing? Things here are doing pretty awesome, it's the weekly struggle, I know it's awesome, but I can't remember anything that actually happened. Well we're working with a referral from a recent convert, Hammed, and Hammed referred us to his friend, and we've been teaching the, both. Hammeds been to Church ever since he first started meeting with us, and seems super interested. His friend is really interested in learning too, though perhaps a bit more, not hesitant really, wary maybe? He's a Jehovas Witness, and loves coming to meet with us, and has been reading and stuff, he's awesome, and he really likes us to cite all the sources. It's good, we basically show him where everything is in the Bible, he doesn't bash at all, never argues, just likes to know what we believe and where it says that. But their both doing awesome, it's been great to be able to teach them. Adams, our Recent Convert has been doing awesome! He got his temple recommend this week, and is going to be going to do baptisms soon, we're really excited for him. 
So it rained this weekend, it wasn't that hard, but rain in San Diego is pretty rare, and sonpeople freak out, it's so funny. Also, the drainage system here, is terrible. Just straight awful, so there are rivers just down streets and lakes in apartment complexes and it's just a mess. But we were just walking around, and my companion decided it was a good idea to kick some water at me.... so naturally I had to retaliate... that lasted basically until we went in. I had a raincoat on my upper half, so that was all dry, but by the end of the night, waist down was drenched, like, we might have well jumped in a swimming pool, just soaked completely through socks, shoes, everything, just drenched, it was so much fun! And then after we went in, we changed, and ate warm brownie cookies, it was a fun time. 
But ya, we had Koos, Hammed, and Atif all show up for Church on Sunday, as well as a less active named Suhaila, it was a fun day, but ya, that's about if for this week, have great week all,
Elder Rosenbalm 

Ok, so ya, love you both! 
Elder Rosenbalm 


No comments:

Post a Comment