Hi mom and dad, how's it going? Things here are pretty awesome, I
really like both my companions, and especially since we're in a trio.
It's really only been a week, but so far its been awesome, its just so
much better socially with three than just two, it's weird, but I like
it. We're also doing some awesome work but I'll probably get to that
in the weekly, ya, not much as far as the rest of the things go, so
I'll probably get into the weekly.
Hi Everyone! How'd you week go? Hope that its going well, mine here's
been great, here in San Diego, things are awesome. We had transfers
last week, and I'm still in El Cajon Arabic work, which is awesome, I
love it here, and want to stay, but we added a companion, so now we're
a trio. I'm with Elder Jensen (We've been together for two transfers
already), but we added another missionary named Elder Campbell, which
is awesome, they're both super different, but both super awesome, so
it works out well. Elder Campbell was in Arabic work before for about
a year, and following the recent trend, was kicked out to English work
for about six months, but is not back in Arabic work, presumably to
stay until the end of his mission in six months. So he's already
pretty good at the language, Elder Jensen goes home in just two
transfers, and so he's still the best though. But anyway, ya, we've
been having a ton of fun, trio's are awesome. I was in a trio at the
MTC and loved it, and I'm in a trio now here, and it's the best, we're
all super excited for this transfer, it's going to be good, there's a
good chance that it will be my last transfer before I get banished to
English work, and after some time my inevitable, epic reentry. That's
the way things are looking, but who knows I could stay here a lot
longer, it really just depends, there's a lot of options. But ya, this
week, not too much changed. We started teaching a guy named Atif, he's
from Iraq, and was taught a few months ago, but moved back to Iraq for
a time, but he's here now, and so we started teaching him again. He's
an awesome guy, he's an older gentlemen, super nice, and pretty
interested too, we met a guy another Iraqi a couple months ago, who
was asking us which Church we were from, so he's like "Catholics?"
"No." "Protestants?" "No." "Jehovah Witnesses?" "No..." (Now this
exact, word for word conversation [though in Arabic] has happened,
hundreds of times, I'm not kidding, its ridiculous, but they just
don't understand that there are more than three Christian Church's,
but then he goes) "Mormons?" We're like "Yes!" And of course asked him
how he knew, because its fairly rare that they know us, and he's like
"Oh my friend Atif's a Mormon." We recognized the name, and then were
just like oh cool, but inside,
#membermissioanryworkwhenyou'renotevenamember. Lol, it was pretty fun.
Speaking of member missionary work, we've been really worried for one
of our Recent Converts that got baptized when I first came out on my
mission, Adam, he hadn't been coming to church, and things like that,
he's super busy with work and stuff, but he hadn't come in a month or
so, and we were pretty worried, and then he texts a couple of his
fellowshippers, and is basically like, "Sooo, I have a friend who
wants to learn more about the Book of Mormon, should I introduce him
to you first or the missionaries... Ya, we were pretty happy, so we
taught a guy named Hammed at the Church this Sunday with our Recent
converts and a couple other members, it was pretty awesome. But ya,
I'm basically out of time, quick thought, Prince of Peace, its the new
Easter Video that the Church put out, and it's super good, the main
video is so inspiring, and I love the war themes in it, the music's
great. But thats just the beginning, because the actual website is
equally awesome, it has eight different principles of peace, basically
showing us how we can obtain this peace. Because the video does a good
job so showing that Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace, and that He
can bring us peace. But the website gives us suggestions on how to
obtain that peace. It's done very well, I really like it, they're
principles like forgiveness, or hope, and they're amazing. They each
have a short video of an experience, of a person, go check it out its
amazing. Also, for more suggestions, there were some amazing talks on
how to call down the powers of heaven in our lives, they were so good,
so go do those things, God's going to bless you,
Love You All,
Elder Rosenbalm
That's basically it, love you both,
Elder Rosenbalm
No comments:
Post a Comment