So first of all, both are technically the correct books, the one with the more detailed picture on the front, with the people and stuff, is the newer version, and it's much better because it has the Shami dialect, while the old one only has nasty Egyptian, and nobody likes the Egyptian dialect, it's gross, so that would be the best, plus they use it at BYU, thanks again so much! But ya, that's roughly that, I'll probably get into the weekly, now, I'm kinda rushed, so it'll probably be fast, sorry, Than was saying that you like longer emails, I'll try.
Hi everyone, how are you all doing? Things here are doing awesome, the works going great, and the language is also getting better. Arabic is so much fun to learn! It's also super hard, but I love it, I can also see the Lord helping me so much as I try, He's pretty awesome like that, He just helps you out when you're trying your best and need Him. So we're still working with Koos, he's really awesome, loves the Church and stuff, loves coming, and wants to be Baptized, but he just got a job, where he works every Sunday, which is less than preferable. It's super hard though, because there are thousands of refugees here, most of whom don't have jobs, so they take what they can get. He hates it though, and he only works Saturday and Sunday, and we're pretty sure they're paying him like half of the minimum wage, so we're going to work with him to try and get him a better job. He has a masters degree in art, so thats good that he has a masters, but its in art, which, isn't the most useful masters, but we can work with it, he also speaks english fairly well which is another plus. Basically every one of our converts and investigators needs a job, or a better one, it's so rough for them, and San Diego, is super expensive which makes it even harder for them. But at least they're in America, where where they're not in the middle of a war, and even more, we have the fullness of the Gospel! The trick is getting them to realize that, lol. So ya, I got to Baptize someone on Saturday, it was one of the sisters investigators. We double cover this ward, we focus on the Arabic people, and the sisters focus on the English people, so one of their investigators got baptized this Saturday, and I was able to do the ordinance, it was pretty awesome, I don't have any pictures, now, but next week I'll send one next week. So ya, that's most of it, have a great week!
Elder Rosenbalm
No comments:
Post a Comment