Well Hello everybody, how comes your respective lives. It's week two, and that is just so weird. It seems like way longer than simply two weeks, and yet shorter. Time is so relative, a week ago seems like yesterday, but two weeks ago feels like a year. Time is weird. Anyway, I'm still loving it here, I leave on Tuesday at like 3 AM so that's fun, and the next email will be in the field, which is so weird. I wouldn't feel ready, but by this time I've realized our total dependence on the Lord, and how prepared we think we are makes zero difference, because He is in charge of it all. Still a bit nerve wracking, but I'm super excited. I'm enjoying it so much here, and I've said that before but it's just so true, it's because I get to do two of my favorite things in the world, learn about the Gospel, and teach others. Which is what I do everyday, all day, oh ya, and I get the extra bonus of being a missionary, surrounded by missionary's, in a dedicated place and having the Spirit with me super strong like all the time. It's the greatest. So loads happened last week, but honestly, a lot of it was a blur, but here are some highlights. We continued to teach an investigator named Kai, he was a stud, and his progression by the last day was amazing, we could totally see his faith in Jesus Christ increasing so much. Sadly though, we only teach investigators for a week, so we had to stop teaching him. We got a couple new ones which are both pretty cool, a girl named Brooke, and a guy named Guilhrme, they're both really cool, and for Gui's, we have 45 minutes to teach him, instead of the 25 for the rest of our investigators, and it is so nice. Me and Elder Crone and Blackham (my companions) were just having the best time ever teaching him, we didn't have to rush, or skip, we were able to answer all of his questions, and really teach. It was great. We had some struggles, teaching with a trio the first week, but we've gotten loads better, we're so much better at teaching as a companionship of three now. They're both super cool though, as well as my district. We're all so tight, we're all going to go play vollyball against the other districts of our zone today, we're gonna wreck them. lol.
So there was something really cool the Spirit taught me while at fast and testimony meeting this Sunday, I was thinking about growth. It's interesting because when we first got in to the MTC, that night, other elders from our zone came and talked to us in our dorms (our rooms are right next to each other), and they just seemed so much older, self assured, confident, like they had been here for a while, and knew exactly what they were talking about. Giving us advice, words of encouragement. They had only been there a week. The week after we had done the same thing to the new kids, and I was thinking on that during the meeting. Then I thought on how we were now the old ones, the people who had introduced us were leaving the next day, and we were those seasoned vets. And probably the weirdest part was, I felt it. We had been here a week and a half, and the growth is incredible. Like, I can't describe how much I personally have grown, and how much the people I know have too, and it's barely been over two weeks. I was thinking about that, and I was kind of thinking how wow, the MTC really helps people to grow and as I was kind of thinking that, the Spirit kind of said, No. The MTC is a great place, and helps people grow, but there is now way that anyplace could take two thousand 20 ish year old kids, and change them the way this place changes us. He told me that it was our call. Our ordination. The fact that we have been blessed, and set apart as missionary's for Christ. That is why we experience so much growth. That is how we are able to do His work. Because He has given us the power to do it. Being a missionary is an amazing feeling. It is unique in this life, being set apart from the world as a full time missionary is the greatest experience I have ever had the opportunity to be a part of, and it's just getting started. I'm so excited for the next two years.
So ya, that's about all that happened, ooh, we had Elder Bednar come and talk to us which was super cool, I got great seats, and was sitting like 20 feet away from an apostle, then when he walked away he walked right by us, it was great. I really wanted to sneeze, and have him say bless you so that I could say I was personally blessed by an Apostle, (one of my favorites too, I love how aciedemic, and yet sprititual he is, it's a great example) lol. It was a great talk, and it helped me a ton. So that's basically it, just the same things. Learning and growing, it's great. Anyway, until next week,
Elder Rosenbalm
No comments:
Post a Comment