Friday, October 7, 2016

First Week in the MTC

 So hi everybody! How's life? The MTC is just so great, I am having the best time here, and loving it all. The classes are super good and intersting, and we're actually teaching nonmenbers which is way cool, our investiagor this week is a guy named Kai, he is seriously so cool, he's this polonesian guy, and is just awesome. It's been so cool actually practicing what we've learned, and the Spirit is just so strong when you're a missionary, I've definitally felt it guideing and helping me. Being a missionary is an amazing experience, I'm so glad that I have this opportunity. It was pretty nerve wracking our first couple visits with him, but the Spirit really just helps us allong, as the Lord says, "I am able to so mine own work" - somewhere in the D&C, not really sure where though, lol, I really want an Ipad, it's been super hard not being able to run a quick keyword search, I was kind of relying on that all throughout seminary and stuff, "oh I'll have an iPad when I go on my mission, all the missions will have them by then". Little did I suspect that the day would actually come, and I don't know if we get iPads, I don't think so because those missions that did were told to bring money to pay for it, I wasn't so... ya. But we can always hold out hope. 
       I'm part of a trio, and both of my companions are awesome, Elder Crone is from virginia which is cool, near DC, and he's, as stated before awesome, my other comp is named Elder Blackham and he's from near ogden I think, somewhere up north there, he's also way cool, we're all super tight it's great. The rooms are made for six people, but because of the way things turned out, with an Elder not showing up and stuff, us three have an entire room to ourselves, and the're both pretty neat like me, so our room is immaculate. Like, other Elders in our district will literally come into our room to write letters and stuff because theirs is messy because they have twice the people, and some of them statistically are bound to be messy. It's awesome though because we all get like two beds, double the closet space and things like that. My district is also awesome, they'res eleven of us, and we've really just grown really close, and they're all way cool. I feel a recurring theme going on, "everying thing is just awesome, it's so cool" but really I'm just loving it here, though really the MTC was probably not going to be the hard part of my mission experience, because I love learning, and growing, and that's all you do here! I enjoy school when I like the subject, and what better subject than the gospel (spoken like a true missionary I know). 
       So conference was amazing! Like it's a unique experience watching conference in the MTC, for starters, you're all hyped up on the Spiritual juices, and that's exciting, but you're not really expecting too much, because we've all watched conference before, but then saturday morning rolls along and you all gather in this huge room with multiple giant projectors and other methods of watching. It starts to fill up early, and by the time everyone gets in, there are about 2100 missionary's packed into this room, all talking, laughing being 20 ish ear olds. Then, suddenly, it grows quite, and everyone stands up. The room full of missionary's goes dead quite and everyones standing for the prophet, then the chills start to hit, and you know it's gonna be a good one. It was so spiritual, especially that first session, I was just floored, the spirit was so strong throughout the whole thing, and you could feel the Spirit in there, as over two thousand of the Lords missionary's listened intently the the words of our prophets. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had in my life. When we all got up to sing, all of us raising our voices with the choir, all preparing to serve, it was amazing. 
       Umm, what else, I don't really know, the week has flown by, there's been a ton of studying, learning, and growing. Seriously, me and my district were talking, and it's just crazy how much we've changed in just a week. Like it seems like longer, and yet shorter. Time is weird, don't try to comprehend it, just accept it. Anyway, ya, just how much we've changed, and grown is crazy, it's just weird to think about. Hard to describe, I don't think I can very well, but it's a good different, and I'm excited to keep learning and growing. So until we write again, 


       Elder Rosenbalm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment