Sunday, December 4, 2016

November 22, 2016

So hello everyone, this week was again, pretty amazing. I've been working on putting more of myself into the work. I already spend all my time serving, but recently, I've been working harder to really give all my efforts, and especially my thoughts. When my thoughts are constantly on The Lord, and how you can best help His children, you are the happiest you can ever be. It's the paradox of happiness that whosever shall find his life, or attempt to find happiness, through money, power, even good things, it will never be enough. They will always be looking for more, always thirsty, but never filled. Now, contrast that with what Christ said next, that whosever shall lose His life, for my sake, shall find it. The way to find true joy and happiness, the only way to be satisfied with everything we have, Eternally satisfied, is to not seek after it. But to honestly seek after the benefit of others. When we continually turn outwards as the Savior did, we will be happy, but that will not be our goal, but a byproduct of our commitment to the happiness of others. Being able to go on a mission is an amazing experience, it's unique in time, and it allows us to feel a portion of that joy, as we commit fully to The Lord. Now this is just something I've learned, and I'm by no means anywhere near perfect at it, but it's an amazing principle, that we should share with all around us. So this week, we have done a lot of finding, we were able to teach this great family yesterday, they're muslim, and the Spirit in the room was so strong. We will be meeting with them again this next week, and hopefully they'll want to start progressing, but we'll see. One of our Recent converts received the Priesthood on Sunday, the experience was amazing, and the Spirit  was so strong as we discussed the work moving forward, especially in regards to the Arabic speaking people. The wars in Iraq and Syria are driving people to places where they can hear the Gospel, in Sweden we're teaching four different people who are either prepping for baptism, or have already been baptized. And there are more investigators there we haven't met yet. We're preparing to do something very similar to at least two people in France. These people are ready, and will hear the message, it is our opportunity to find them, and I'm so great full that I get to labor in this part of His vineyard. Until next week
Elder Rosenbalm

No comments:

Post a Comment