Sunday, November 6, 2016

October 25, 2016


Hi everybody, how goes it? So I'm now out in the Field, San Diego! It
is awesome here, I'm so pumped and working is just great. I got into
the Presidents office last week for our initial interview, and were
just talking, then he told me that I was going to be assigned Arabic
speaking. I was so excited, still am, Arabic is amazing. It's brutal,
but also great at the same time. I just want to know it, but alas, it
takes time, whose even heard of that anyways, like taking time to
learn a language, unacceptable. But it's good, I'm progressing, so
that's good. My trainer is named Elder Hawkes, he's really cool, he
speaks the language fluently, so I'm learning a ton from him. My
mission president's name is literally Jon Schmitt so that's fun, he's
an amazing guy, I've only been able to spend a little time with him,
but I can just see how Christlike he is, and he's a great example. His
wife is also super Christlike, it's so great to learn from them. So
the work, it's amazing, like, we live in a place called El Cajon and
while we cover all the Arabic speakers in the whole mission (and we're
actually helping some elders over in Sweden with an Arab over Skype)
most of our work is done here in El Cajon because you walk down some
of these streets, and everyone you see speaks Arabic. Like over two
thirds in a ton of places. It's weird when they don't speak Arabic,
it's so weird, but great. So ya, there are a ton of people, I thought
that there would be like maybe a few Arab areas, really interspersed,
but the whole city is just full, it's the best. So there's lots to do
here, we are actually baptizing two investigators this week, they're
both friends, the previous missionary's found one, and he invited his
friend, and now they're both getting baptized on Saturday, I'm so
excited. Actually starting to work as a missionary is way better than
just preparing for it at the MTC. I liked the MTC, but it really just
isn't the same, this is way better. Anyway, that's about it, I might
get into more particulars next week. Have a good week.

Elder Rosenbalm

No comments:

Post a Comment